1. China Datang Corporation makes 8 billion socks every year
Situated in a region in Beijing known as “Sock City” that is around 4 sets of socks for every individual on the planet, Dawg.
2. Each Panda on the planet is actually on credit from China
Thinking back to the 1980s, China started providing the zoos of the world with pandas as an indication of generosity. Under the assention, each panda conceived abroad is to be dispatched back to the Panda Motherland with the end goal to enhance the quality pool.
3. Around 35 million Chinese live in caverns
The larger part of these surrender homes are gathered in the northwestern Shaanxi territory and keeping in mind that living in a give in might sound super old school in a stone age man kind of way, a great deal of these give in homes are deceived out. Indeed, even give in occupants gotta live expansive, know what I’m stating?
4. The Chinese experience 80 billion chopsticks per year
Dayam! That is 20 million trees that must be cleaved down. The normal tree is around 20 years of age when it’s chopped down, or one year before it could lawfully drink, Homeslice.
5. The 20 most extravagant Chinese have more riches than all of Hungary
Their joined riches is more than $145 billion while the GDP of Hungary is around $120 billion. Goodness.
6. 30 million men between the ages of 25 and 40 will be forever alone
Due to the decades-old One Child Policy, parents would engage in sex selection in which mothers would abort daughters in order to have sons. Today, this huge surplus of males is a sad legacy of this policy.
7. Breathing the Beijing air is like smoking 21 cigarettes a day.
If you’ve ever wanted to know why everybody in the city walks around wearing those surgeon masks, there you go. The smog is so bad that you can actually see it from space, obstructing the view of the Great Wall in the process.
8. The Chinese finish smoking 100,000 cigarettes a second
Well, if you’re going to live in a country with air dirty enough to mimic the health effects of smoking, you might as well actually smoke while you’re at it, right son?
9. The Chinese annual consumption of instant noodles would be enough to feed everybody in Algeria three meals a day
The Chinese love their noodles. In 2011 they consumed 42.5 billion packs of instant noodles and the population of Algeria is 38.7 million. So if you do some of that math magic, you’ll see where we came up with this piece of trivia, Boss.
10. There’s a stigma associated with eating cheese
Are you familiar with the expression, “Cheese is for barbarians!” Okay, me neither. But in China dairy products have traditionally been perceived as such because at one time only the fearsome, barbaric nomads who lived in the country’s outskirts consumed them.